Sunday, February 26, 2012

Favorite Mobile App

Photo from http://www.mapmyrun.com/

I know that are a few runners in our class and being that this week's topic is mobile devices, I wanted to tell everyone about a free app called iMapMyRun.

iMapMyRun is a mobile app that allows runners to keep track of different routes through the GPS function. The app also determines the length of the route and records the overall run time, minutes per mile and calories burned. From the app you can tweet or post to Facebook your run stats.

For more info, go to: http://www.mapmyrun.com/.

What is your favorite app?

2 comments:

  1. I don't use it, but I use other tools. Several people I know do use it and it seems to be a nice tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apps have made my life so much easier. On my iPod I have traditional apps like iTunes, Facebook, and Twitter but my absolute favorite app is my This American Life app. It cost $4.99 but I have more than gotten my money's worth, as I listen to episodes during my commute to and from work. I also have the IMDB app, because I am the kind of person who, if I see an actor that looks familiar in a movie or TV show, I like to be able to access this person's information on the Internet Movie Database to see what else s/he has been in.

    As a runner, I haven't yet found a running app that I like, but maybe I will try the one you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete